NZ Innovation Council CEO Louise Webster says the awards are open to anyone with a great idea, product or service, regardless of where they’re at in the development process.
“It doesn’t matter what industry you are working in,” says NZ Innovation Council CEO Louise Webster, “there’s a category for you.”
“Put yourself on a national stage, profile your business success and get connected to networks to help you grow.”
“The stage of growth you are at or who you are doesn’t matter – you may have an innovation project that is still in development, a product or service that you have just launched to market, or a business that you have been growing for many years. Regardless of your size or stage of growth, we want to hear about your contribution to innovation in this country.”
Click the image below to enter the awards:
If the success of former entrants is anything to go by, it’s well worth the effort. Kiwi software start-up GreenButton entered the competition in 2013, won their category, and was later acquired by a tech giant Microsoft.
“We’re on the hunt for innovators and innovations of every description,” says Webster. “We’re looking for game-changers across a broad range of businesses and industries.”
Organisations, teams and individuals enter products, services, business processes or new business ventures, across nine industry categories which include;
Industry & Business Categories:
- Innovation in Agribusiness & Environment
- Innovation in Design & Engineering
- Innovation in Financial & Professional Services
- Innovation in Health & Science
- Innovation in Food & Beverage
- Innovation in Information Communications Technology & Cloud Solutions
- Innovation in Marketing & Communications
- Innovation in Media, Music & Entertainment
- Innovation in Sustainability & Cleantech
From these categories, the evaluators will select:
- Supreme New Zealand Innovator
- Sustained Innovation Excellence
- Innovation Excellence in Research
- Export Innovator of the Year
- Excellence in Social Innovation
- Emerging New Zealand Innovator
- Most Inspiring Individual
- Young New Zealand Innovator
- The People's Choice – Idealog Magazine online award
Entry is open now until August 4, with the awards ceremony set for October 21.
Idealog has been covering the most interesting people, businesses and issues from the fields of innovation, design, technology and urban development for over 12 years. And we're asking for your support so we can keep telling those stories, inspire more entrepreneurs to start their own businesses and keep pushing New Zealand forward. Give over $5 a month and you will not only be supporting New Zealand innovation, but you’ll also receive a print subscription and a copy of the new book by David Downs and Dr. Michelle Dickinson, No. 8 Recharged (while stocks last).
Idealog is part of ICG. We work with clients like Woolworths New Zealand, All Good, Huffer, Liquorland, Resene, Citta Design, TVNZ, Spark and FCB on their event activations, in-store, in-office or out-of-home signage, content creation and vehicle wraps.