#UberPitch is a partnership with techweek, an event running through the Auckland CBD, featuring 50-plus events with a focus on promoting and fuelling small New Zealand businesses.
Those who think they have an idea worthy of being the next big thing can use the code ‘UBERPITCHNZ’ to request a 'Pitch ride' between 12pm and 2pm on 18 May and get 10 minutes to pitch the business concept to a New Zealand business leader and investor.
Uber says the goal of any pitch is to "open the door to future conversations and opportunities". To do so, it suggests those giving a pitch keep it "short, sharp and shiny" and "compel not sell" with data and visualisation. It also suggests they "relate and reassure" when providing the solution and keep in mind "the clincher", your ask and the recommended next steps.
The panel includes:
- Derek Handley, a social entrepreneur and investor living in New York.
- Ian McCrae, the founder of Orion Health.
- Roanne Parker, a digital growth expert and recognised entrepreneur and investor.
- Ken Erskine, a startup investor and member of New Zealand's largest angel investment group Ice Angels.
- Sandy Burgham, a brand strategist and a specialist in leadership development.
- Rudi Bublitz, co-founder of UK-based SAP consulting business.
- Andrew Simmonds, a leading technology lawyer and founder of boutique technology law firm Simmonds Stewart.
- Robett Hollis, starter of Aranui Ventures, which owns several interests.
- Wendy Kerr, the director for the Centre of Innovation and Entrepreneurship at Auckland University and a best selling speaker and author specialising in coaching women starting their own business.
Full details of the panel can be found here.
This article originally appeared on StopPress
Idealog has been covering the most interesting people, businesses and issues from the fields of innovation, design, technology and urban development for over 12 years. And we're asking for your support so we can keep telling those stories, inspire more entrepreneurs to start their own businesses and keep pushing New Zealand forward. Give over $5 a month and you will not only be supporting New Zealand innovation, but you’ll also receive a print subscription and a copy of the new book by David Downs and Dr. Michelle Dickinson, No. 8 Recharged (while stocks last).
Idealog is part of ICG. We work with clients like Woolworths New Zealand, All Good, Huffer, Liquorland, Resene, Citta Design, TVNZ, Spark and FCB on their event activations, in-store, in-office or out-of-home signage, content creation and vehicle wraps.