Today, TikTok is expanding its marketing services in NZ with the launch of a new self-serve advertising platform which will allow Kiwi SMBs to easily use TikTok to advertise their businesses.
Designed for small to medium sized businesses (SMBs), the TikTok For Business Ads Manager platform makes it seamless, easy and efficient for brands to meaningfully connect with the TikTok community and make a lasting impact.
Brett Armstrong, General Manager, Global Business Solutions, TikTok Australia and New Zealand, says SMBs are recognising the power behind the TikTok platform and are seeking out new ways to engage with its community.
“The launch of TikTok For Business Ads Manager and TikTok’s new Shopify channel app in New Zealand will provide businesses of all sizes with the tools needed to reach our highly engaged and diverse audience,” he says.
“We’re constantly exploring new and innovative ways to connect brands and SMBs with consumers, and our self-serve advertising platform is the perfect way to help us grow and expand our offer for Kiwi small businesses and sole traders.”
Brands are an important part of the TikTok experience, and TikTok users loves connecting with the brands they’re passionate about. In a recent study, 88 percent of users said that they discover new content that they enjoy while using the app, and about half of users said they discover new products through advertisements posted by a product or brand.
Adam Thompson, owner of Kiwi clothing brand Magichollow which was part the Beta testing program for our self-serve ad platform, says his campaign with TikTok was a way for him to reach diverse new audiences that he has not been able to target through previous marketing tools.
“Our click through rate is triple that of other platforms we use and the cost of advertising on TikTok has been far more affordable. We are also stoked that the foot traffic into our physical stores has increased too, not to mention our TikTok followers grew by 1000 overnight!
“Our brand fits well with the creative and positive community on TikTok and we look forward to continuing to grow our audience and inspire people with local and sustainable vintage clothing.”
TikTok self-serve advertising tools
The self-service TikTok For Business Ads Manager empowers businesses of all sizes to reach their ideal customers on TikTok through a simple interface. With new creative tools and performance features designed with small businesses in mind, it’s now easier than ever to start activating at scale on the platform. To access the self-serve platform, all SMBs have to do is head to TikTok For Business, register and create a TikTok For Business account.
Product highlights include:
● Creative tools: TikTok has a suite of creative tools such as Video Templates, Smart Video and more that enable every marketer to embrace the creativity and authenticity of the TikTok community. Everyone has the opportunity to tell their story, and TikTok’s creative tools help brands represent the most authentic version of their brand.
● Flexible budgets: TikTok Ads Manager was designed for fast set up for every level of expertise. Flexible budgets allow businesses to adjust their spending at any time.
● Performance targeting: Intelligent targeting enables businesses to get discovered by new engaged audiences.
Enabling Shopify merchants to tap into TikTok’s vibrant community and stay ahead
Through its partnership with Shopify, TikTok is excited to provide Kiwi Shopify merchants with simple, scalable solutions that enable businesses to authentically and impactfully engage with the TikTok community.
The TikTok app for Shopify will help Shopify’s merchants across New Zealand create and run campaigns directly geared toward TikTok’s highly engaged community. The partnership will make it easier for Shopify merchants to harness the creativity of the TikTok community, be discovered, and enhance their marketing campaigns. Merchants can now create and implement campaigns for TikTok directly on Shopify without leaving the platform.
● “1-click” pixel: Shopify merchants can install or connect their TikTok Pixel with the click of a button, making it quicker and easier to track conversions.
● A one-stop-shop for TikTok campaigns: Merchants can create campaigns, target audiences and track performance in one place.
● Creative made simple: Everyone has a story to tell on TikTok, and the TikTok app for Shopify enables Shopify merchants to create native, shareable ads that resonate with the community. TikTok’s intuitive creative tools help turn merchants’ products into high quality TikToks in minutes.
● Advanced matching: This feature lets Shopify merchants more effectively retarget audiences to better match TikTok ads with website conversions, and enrich audiences for retargeting.
For more SMB tools, advice and products check out TikTok’s SMB Hub to help you reach your business goals.