Five things that worry me about social media
- After being a huge proponent of social media early on, I now worried we are too absorbed by the medium.
- I worry that we care more about taking a good photo for Instagram than we do about being in the moment.
- I worry we care more about what other people think about how our life looks than we care about how our life feels.
- I worry our views on beauty are being warped beyond all recognition.
- And I worry we are getting too polarised by people stating opinion and ‘facts’ on social media and in the process that we are losing the art of openness, inquiry and discourse.
Idealog has been covering the most interesting people, businesses and issues from the fields of innovation, design, technology and urban development for over 12 years. And we're asking for your support so we can keep telling those stories, inspire more entrepreneurs to start their own businesses and keep pushing New Zealand forward. Give over $5 a month and you will not only be supporting New Zealand innovation, but you’ll also receive a print subscription and a copy of the new book by David Downs and Dr. Michelle Dickinson, No. 8 Recharged (while stocks last).
Idealog is part of ICG. We work with clients like Woolworths New Zealand, All Good, Huffer, Liquorland, Resene, Citta Design, TVNZ, Spark and FCB on their event activations, in-store, in-office or out-of-home signage, content creation and vehicle wraps.