The TVNZ-NZ Marketing Awards, now in their 26th year, are a celebration of everything that makes marketing great in New Zealand and beyond. It's the only awards programme in the country that focuses solely on the business benefits of strong marketing strategies and this year’s theme recognises that “there’s always more to it”, with judges wanting to hear about the things we often do not see; the things that lie beneath – and inform – the execution.
The Awards are split into three divisions: Sector Awards, Excellence Awards and Individual Awards. With 29 awards in 28 categories, budding and seasoned marketers alike have more to gain this year than ever before.
“We are excited to announce a selection of new categories for 2017 to reflect the TVNZ-NZ Marketing Awards’ continued focus on the business benefits of strong marketing strategies,” says Ben Fahy, editorial director/publisher, Tangible Media.
There are several new categories that recognise the broad scope of marketing in the modern age.
- Best Employee Engagement/Development rewards the best internal marketing initiatives.
- Best Marketing on a Shoestring Budget acknowledges great achievements on the smell of an oily rag.
- Best Marketing Communications Strategy focuses on the importance of great communications.
- Best Partnership acknowledges the crucial role of collaboration when it comes to marketing success.
- Long-term Marketing Excellence recognises companies that a consistently applied marketing strategy has driven business improvement over time.
Some categories have also been renamed or moved.
- Best Use of Sponsorship and Best Export Marketing Strategy have been moved from the sector awards to excellence awards.
- Innovation has been renamed as Best Brand Extension/Innovation.
- Sustainability has been renamed Best Corporate Social Responsibility Strategy to acknowledge the importance of business with a purpose.
- Insight has been renamed Best Use of Customer Insight/Data.
Judged by marketing industry heavyweights and business leaders, the Sector Awards acknowledge marketing initiatives and projects that are clear examples of marketing leadership and success within each sector, while the Excellence Awards recognise excellence in specific disciplines of marketing, regardless of the industry.
In a shift from previous years, entrants do not have to enter the Sector Awards to qualify for those under the Excellence Awards and can instead enter whichever categories they find most appealing.
In addition, the TVNZ-NZ Marketing Awards feature three prestigious Individual awards: Rookie Marketer of the Year, Marketer of the Year, and the Marketing Hall of Fame Award. This year’s winners will join prestigious alumni such as Peter Cullinane, Rob Fyfe, Geoff Ross, Theresa Gattung and Mark Callaghan.
Heading up the sponsor line-up is Premier sponsor TVNZ, with category sponsors Alignr, BrandWorld, Energi, GrownUps, Mailshop, MBM, Phantom Billstickers, News Works, Nielsen, TRA, and Webstar.
Entries close Friday 2 June 2017 at 5pm. An extended ‘late entries’ deadline of 5pm on Friday 9 June is available (for an additional fee). This year, submitting an entry will be easier than ever with a brand new online entry portal. Visit www.everythingmarketing.co.nz to view the full list of categories and more information on how to enter.
This story first appeared at StopPress.
Idealog has been covering the most interesting people, businesses and issues from the fields of innovation, design, technology and urban development for over 12 years. And we're asking for your support so we can keep telling those stories, inspire more entrepreneurs to start their own businesses and keep pushing New Zealand forward. Give over $5 a month and you will not only be supporting New Zealand innovation, but you’ll also receive a print subscription and a copy of the new book by David Downs and Dr. Michelle Dickinson, No. 8 Recharged (while stocks last).
Idealog is part of ICG. We work with clients like Woolworths New Zealand, All Good, Huffer, Liquorland, Resene, Citta Design, TVNZ, Spark and FCB on their event activations, in-store, in-office or out-of-home signage, content creation and vehicle wraps.