25 things with Ben Kepes: Five New Zealand companies’ journeys that inspire me
Five New Zealand company stories or journeys that inspire you
- South Canterbury Finance. Just being a good person and wanting to do well by your community doesn’t mean you’re not going to fail spectacularly.
- Xero. Because Rod was, from day one, the consummate showman and gave us all a lesson in articulating a big vision.
- Sir Stephen Tindall. Regardless of your views on The Warehouse, he’s done more for business in New Zealand than any one person and is the perfect case study for philanthropy.
- Hadleigh Ford at SwipedOn. It shows that a good bugger can build a business that solves a problem he dealt with first hand, do so while still keeping down a real job and not get so greedy that he doesn’t see the sense in accepting an early buy-out offer.
- JD Trask at Raygun. Despite doing a pretty good impression of Gordon Gecko, is still a good guy at heart.