Adventures of a start-up part 14 – new competitions, new yoghurteers and new flavours
New Zealand Food Awards
We had some amazing news that our yoghurt made it as a finalist in the Gourmet category for a New Zealand Food Award! It was really encouraging to hear that a judging panel of food experts consider us a worthy finalist. There are some really great brands in there alongside us, will be so exciting to hear who takes it out – the awards night is September 17th. We’re also in the running for the ‘People’s Choice Award’ sponsored by Bite Magazine (NZ Herald). If you’ve been following our journey and would like to vote for us you can do that here. Voting closes on the 6th of September. Lots of good coco-vibes will be coming your way!
The siblings join the crew
My brother and sister are in full swing as our new yoghurteers. It was really funny seeing them with their t-shirts and hairnets on for the first night – sharing this whole yoghurt-making experience with my family is quite special and they’re loving being part of the team. After the first session they said, ‘This is the coolest job we’ve ever had!’ – I think the home-made raw treats play a big part in their job satisfaction. 😉
Mr Coconut and I have been setting time aside to experiment with new flavour possibilities … we’re keen to launch some once the new kitchen is up and rolling. Initial trials are going well and we’re getting all the team’s feedback on which combos they like best.
- Getting Christchurch taste-testings underway in partnership with The Nutmylk Co.
- Being part of The Caker’s new book launch event this coming Friday, a cake degustation – can’t wait!
- Giving away an amazing ‘Ultimate Coco-luxe’ prize on our Facebook page – to a stranger who has now become a friend.
- So close to 5,000 followers on Facebook!
Image: Coco-luxe giveaway
- Having a car accident on the way to a food show in Taupo – big thanks to Blue Frog Breakfast for stepping in and doing the yoghurt tastings for us