25 things with Ben Kepes: Five important issues I want to see the tech industry to tackle
Five important issues that you want to see the tech industry to tackle
- Stop the ridiculous ‘How can we be the next Silicon Valley and/or Israel?’ conversations.
- Realise that we’re better off trying to be the best version of New Zealand rather than a watered down version of someplace else.
- Resolving the funding issues so there is a coherent path from seed to angel to VC to IPO or exit all within our own ecosystem.
- Stop the handwringing when a company sells offshore.
- Avoid the temptation to identify success by how many start-up weekends, TEDx events or dodgy inspirational videos an individual has appeared in. Rather, measure success by stuff that matters: jobs created, revenue generated, exits achieved.