Representatives from Comvita, Zespri, Northpower, Orion Health, Jade Software and Tait Communications are among the 14 recipients of this year’s Prime Minister’s Business Scholarships.
Now they're off to study at prestigious international institutions including Harvard, London Business School, and the INSEAD Business School in Singapore and France. The study programmes range from five days, to several intensive blocks over 17 months.
The 14 recipients choose which business programme they attend and each
will receive up to $57,000 to cover half the costs of their course and
The scholarships, which were launched in 2010, are designed to build business capability and develop individual skills in management and international business leadership.
The recipients of the 2012 Prime Minister’s Business Scholarships are:
· Angus Bargh of Downer NZ Ltd, Christchurch.
· Ronnie Butt of Comvita Ltd, Hong Kong.
· Corinne Callinan of CXC Ltd, Auckland.
· Sally Gardiner of Zespri International Ltd, Tauranga.
· Sean Horgan of Northpower Ltd, Auckland.
· Richard Keys of Abano Healthcare Ltd, Auckland.
· Michael Kwok of Resolve Group Ltd, Auckland.
· Andy McNicholl of EPL Ltd, Christchurch.
· Kathy Meads of Lyttelton Port Co. Ltd, Christchurch.
· Wayne Oxenham of Orion Health Ltd, Auckland.
· Damian Pedreschi of BECA Group Ltd, Auckland.
· John Penno of Synlait Farms Ltd, Rakaia.
· Paul Stokes of Jade Software Corporation Ltd / Wynyard Group Ltd, United Kingdom.
· Hamish Wiig of Tait Communications Ltd, Houston, Texas.
Economic development minister Steven Joyce said the calibre of applicants was extremely high, which resulted in more scholarships being offered this year than in previous years.
Idealog has been covering the most interesting people, businesses and issues from the fields of innovation, design, technology and urban development for over 12 years. And we're asking for your support so we can keep telling those stories, inspire more entrepreneurs to start their own businesses and keep pushing New Zealand forward. Give over $5 a month and you will not only be supporting New Zealand innovation, but you’ll also receive a print subscription, an Idealog t-shirt and a copy of the new book by David Downs and Dr. Michelle Dickinson, No. 8 Recharged (while stocks last).