Who are New Zealand's best international businesses? NZTE is set on finding out, with the New Zealand International Business Awards now open for entries.
The programme honours New Zealand businesses succeeding on the world stage – last year that was Orion Health, and past winners before that include Pumpkin Patch and Beca.
A $100,000 Supreme Award is presented to an overall winner who stands out across the categories. Each general category winner also earns a place on the 2014 Better by Design CEO Study Tour.
Judges will be looking for companies that are taking an idea to market, how they have overcome obstacles to get to where they are today, and how they are nurturing the business and preparing for future growth.
“It’s important for businesses to take time out and reflect on their international growth journeys, and the awards are an opportunity to do this. They are also an opportunity to celebrate achievements and honour the people who have helped drive international successes, and are a fantastic vehicle for forging valuable new relationships," says NZTE chief executive Peter Chrisp.
The categories for the 2013 New Zealand International Business Awards are:
· Supreme Award
· ANZ Best Business Operating Internationally – Under $10m
· ANZ Best Business Operating Internationally – $10m-$50m
· ANZ Best Business Operating Internationally – Over $50m
· International success through innovation supported by Callaghan Innovation
· Most Innovative Business Model in International Business
· Best Commercialisation of Intellectual Property in International Business supported by James & Wells
· Best Use of Design in International Business
Entries close on March 15. Winners will be announced on September 26.