The NZ Centre for Social Innovation is taking applications for its 2013 Social Entrepreneurs School programme, designed to help community based entrepreneurs kickstart their projects.
Project planning/management is the foundation of the 10-month course, including study sessions with experienced social entrepreneurs and subject experts, individual business coaching, external mentoring and group work. The idea is to build life skills, business skills, and networks to better enable students to build their own non-profit enterprises and sustainable ventures.
Previous students include Urban Pantry's Emily Harris and Georgie Thompson of the Marae Renewal Project.
The weekly programme will require a day each week from 10am to 4pm. Students pay $1,500 plus GST towards the programme, plus travel expenses. Applications close January 30 - click here for more.
- Have an idea/project that has a community or environmental benefit.
- Demonstrate passion, drive and commitment to their idea/project.
- Have ownership of their idea/project and autonomy of decision-making.
- Be able to demonstrate that you have taken your idea and translated it into some tangible actions and outputs so that it is ready to be scaled up and developed.
- Be able to commit to one day per week during school terms on the 10-month programme.
Idealog has been covering the most interesting people, businesses and issues from the fields of innovation, design, technology and urban development for over 12 years. And we're asking for your support so we can keep telling those stories, inspire more entrepreneurs to start their own businesses and keep pushing New Zealand forward. Give over $5 a month and you will not only be supporting New Zealand innovation, but you’ll also receive a print subscription and a copy of the new book by David Downs and Dr. Michelle Dickinson, No. 8 Recharged (while stocks last).
Idealog is part of ICG. We work with clients like Woolworths New Zealand, All Good, Huffer, Liquorland, Resene, Citta Design, TVNZ, Spark and FCB on their event activations, in-store, in-office or out-of-home signage, content creation and vehicle wraps.