New Zealand’s first electric vehicle symposia is bringing experts from around the world together to share practical insight into the future face of New Zealand’s car fleet.
A range of electric cars will be on display, including the Holden Volt, Mitsubishi iMiEV and the plug-in hybrid Prius. The keynote speaker is Southern California Edison’s director of plug-in vehicle readiness programme Ed Kjaer speaking on electric uptake in California, one of the most electric vehicle-rich regions in the world.
Topics on the agenda:
· Accelerating EV Uptake:
Success stories from around the world. Prof Ralph Sims, Massey
· Charging the Future. Dr Peter Lee, CEO, UniServices, University of Auckland.
· Preparing the auto trade for EVs. Stephen Matthews, CEO, Motor Trade Association.
· Urban mobility and how EVs become viable. Victoria Carter, CEO City Hop.
· The convergence of electricity and the automobile: A US perspective. Ed Kjaer, Director, Plug In Vehicle Readiness, Southern California Edison.
· Transitioning to EVs: What we’re doing to prepare. Mighty River Power & Wellington Electricity.
· Government Initiatives to Advance EVs. Mike Underhill, CEO, EECA.
· EV Innovation in NZ. A Panel Discussion moderated by Prof. Ralph Sims and including Dr Peter Lee, CEO UniServices; Prof. Mike Duke, University of Waikato; Duncan Stewart, CEO The Greenhouse, Julieanne Genter, Transport Spokesperson for the Green Party, Mark Yates, CEO, Juicepoint.
· EVs in our City: Where to from here? Mayor Celia Wade-Brown (Wellington), Mayor Len Brown (Auckland)
· Advancing EVs in NZ. Rob McEwen, Executive Director, APEV
The Cloud, Auckland, November 22
In conjunction with the Sustainable City Showcase
Civic Centre, Wellington, November 23
In conjunction with the Smart Energy Expo
9am – 5:30pm
Idealog has been covering the most interesting people, businesses and issues from the fields of innovation, design, technology and urban development for over 12 years. And we're asking for your support so we can keep telling those stories, inspire more entrepreneurs to start their own businesses and keep pushing New Zealand forward. Give over $5 a month and you will not only be supporting New Zealand innovation, but you’ll also receive a print subscription and a copy of the new book by David Downs and Dr. Michelle Dickinson, No. 8 Recharged (while stocks last).
Idealog is part of ICG. We work with clients like Woolworths New Zealand, All Good, Huffer, Liquorland, Resene, Citta Design, TVNZ, Spark and FCB on their event activations, in-store, in-office or out-of-home signage, content creation and vehicle wraps.