Slowly but surely New Zealand’s Cannes tally continues to rise with the announcement of the Outdoor, Press and Media category winners.
Eight Kiwi entries made the Outdoor shortlist of 588, with three taking home awards. First hat tip goes to Colenso BBDO for taking out New Zealand’s only Gold in the category, awarded for its ‘Sorry about the Twigs’, folks‘ campaign for Monteith’s Crushed Cider, adding to the gold, silver and bronze the campaign picked up in the Promo & Activation category. The agency’s ‘Skate Pinball’ campaign for Mountain Dew also nabbed a Bronze Lion. And it was the only Kiwi winner at the Press Lions, with ‘The Wine List‘ winning a silver for best copywriting.
Elsewhere Publicis Mojo took home its first Lion of the competition, a Silver one for its Greenpeace ‘Oil on Canvas’ campaign. and Mercedes Benz’s ‘The Invisible Drive’ campaign, created by the folks at Hamburg’s Jung von Matt, and Ogilvy Shanghai’s ‘#CokeHands’ campaign walked away with the two Outdoor Grand Prixs of the night.
Kiwi entries on the Outdoor shortlist
- Welly on a Plate’, Whybin\TBWA\Tequila for Visa/Wellington on a Plate Culinary Festival
- ‘Mary Christmas’, Whybin\TBWA\Tequila for St Matthew in the City Church
- ‘Oil on Canvas’, Publicis Mojo for Greenpeace New Zealand (in two sub-categories)
- ‘Sheep’, Y&R for Icebreaker
- ‘The Wine List’, Colenso BBDO for DB Breweries (Export Dry)
- ‘Twigs’, Colenso BBDO for DB Breweries (Monteith’s Crushed Cider)
- ‘Skate Pinball’, Colenso BBDO for Frucor Beverages Mountain Dew
- ‘Fly Buys Music’, Clemenger BBDO for Loyalty NZ
Clemenger BBDO/OMD Wellington picked up two silvers, one for Dulux ‘What’s your Dulux colour of New Zealand‘ in best use of integrated media and the other for Tranz Scenic ‘See more of New Zealand by train’ in best use of print. Saatchi & Saatchi NZ/AIM Proximity Wellington/Starcom took bronze for Toyota FJ Cruiser ‘Top to Bottom‘ in best use of social media marketing, as did Colenso BBDO for Monteith’s ‘Sorry about the twigs, folks’ in FMCG.
107 Lions were awarded in the category.
Kiwi Media shortlistings:
- ‘See More of New Zealand By Train’, Clemenger BBDO for Kiwirail Tranz Scenic (in two sub-categories)
- ‘Extraordinary Stories’, IKON Communications for New Zealand Police, Police Recruitment
- ‘Top to Bottom Off Road’, Saatchi & Saatchi New Zealand for Toyota FJ Cruiser
- ‘What’s Your Dulux Colur of New Zealand’, OMD Wellington for Dulux Colours of New Zealand
- ‘Sorry About The Twigs, Folks’, Colenso BBDO and Proximity Pulse for DB Breweries Monteith’s Crushed Cider
- ‘Donation Glasses’, Pedigree Adoption Drive, Colenso BBDO
In the cyber category, Colenso’s Mountain Dew Skatepark and String Theory’s Good Books were among 172 that made the shortlist stage. And in the radio category BCG2′s ‘Ridiculously Refined’ for Jesters Pies and Saatchi & Saatchi’s ‘Fathers Day Morse Code’ for Tui were the Kiwi efforts among 185 contenders.
Originally sourced from StopPress.
Idealog has been covering the most interesting people, businesses and issues from the fields of innovation, design, technology and urban development for over 12 years. And we're asking for your support so we can keep telling those stories, inspire more entrepreneurs to start their own businesses and keep pushing New Zealand forward. Give over $5 a month and you will not only be supporting New Zealand innovation, but you’ll also receive a print subscription, an Idealog t-shirt and a copy of the new book by David Downs and Dr. Michelle Dickinson, No. 8 Recharged (while stocks last).