Unaccustomed as we are to chest thumping, please indulge us while we thank our wonderful staff, contributers, partners and supporters for helping us collect so many awards at the MPA Magazine Awards last night. HB Media, and AUT Media (publisher of this site and the wonderful magazine), won a third of all the awards given out.
For the record, we won:
- Supreme winner, Cover of the Year: Adrian Clapperton for Idealog
- Supreme winner, Designer of the Year: Adrian Clapperton for Idealog and Good
- Idealog: Magazine of the Year, Business
- Idealog: Designer of the Year, Business (Adrian Clapperton)
- Idealog: Best Use of Photography
- Idealog: Cover of the Year, Business
- Idealog: Website of the Year, Business
- Good: Designer of the Year, Lifestyle (Adrian Clapperton)
- Good: Best Launch or Relaunch
- Inspire: Outstanding Sales Achievement of the Year (Ben Gibb and Sarah Yetton)
- Inspire: Editor of the Year, Custom Publishing (Sarah Heeringa)
- Inspire: Magazine of the Year, Custom Publishing
HB titles also received two Highly Commended mentions:
- Inspire: Cover of the Year, Custom Publishing (best in category)
- Good: Best Use of Photography
We're stoked, and have written a long essay about ourselves here at the coporate website of HB Media Global MegaPublishing Inc.
Thanks everyone and please join me in wishing all the team at Idealog, Good and Inspire my hearty congratulations.
Now, where's that Panadol.
Idealog has been covering the most interesting people, businesses and issues from the fields of innovation, design, technology and urban development for over 12 years. And we're asking for your support so we can keep telling those stories, inspire more entrepreneurs to start their own businesses and keep pushing New Zealand forward. Give over $5 a month and you will not only be supporting New Zealand innovation, but you’ll also receive a print subscription and a copy of the new book by David Downs and Dr. Michelle Dickinson, No. 8 Recharged (while stocks last).
Idealog is part of ICG. We work with clients like Woolworths New Zealand, All Good, Huffer, Liquorland, Resene, Citta Design, TVNZ, Spark and FCB on their event activations, in-store, in-office or out-of-home signage, content creation and vehicle wraps.