25 things with Claudia Batten, part one
Five things that worry me about social media
- After being a huge proponent of social media early on, I now worried we are too absorbed by the medium.
- I worry that we care more about taking a good photo for Instagram than we do about being in the moment.
- I worry we care more about what other people think about how our life looks than we care about how our life feels.
- I worry our views on beauty are being warped beyond all recognition.
- And I worry we are getting too polarised by people stating opinion and ‘facts’ on social media and in the process that we are losing the art of openness, inquiry and discourse.