Those in retail know that smart design can offer a competitive edge. And the Red Awards are a celebration of great retail design, with entries now open for projects in the shopfitting, architectural, and design fields.
Winners will be selected in each of 11 divisions, as well as group winners and a supreme victor.
- Bars, Nightclubs, Restaurants division
- Foodcourt, Day Cafés, Gourmet Food division
- Grocery & Convenience Stores division
- Entertainment, Amusement, Sports & Recreation division
- Service (Finance, Travel, Medical, Real Estate division)
- Gifts & Media (toys, books, music, audio visual, art) division
- Apparel division
- Accessories (Eyewear, Jewellery, Hair, Footwear) division
- Health & Beauty (Hair, Pharmacy, Nails, Spa) division
- Appliances, Electronic, Telecommunications & Digital division
- Furniture, Furnishing, Lighting, Vehicle, Boat, Power Tools, Hardware, Garden and Building division
But that's not all. There are awards for categories spanning brand application, lighting, graphics and display, colour, flooring, joinery, and shopfronts.
A separate award is also up for grabs for work produced overseas by New Zealand-based designers and shopfitters.
Entries close June 28, and the winners will be announced on August 10.
Check out last year's winners here. Pictured above was supreme winner Kapiti.
Idealog has been covering the most interesting people, businesses and issues from the fields of innovation, design, technology and urban development for over 12 years. And we're asking for your support so we can keep telling those stories, inspire more entrepreneurs to start their own businesses and keep pushing New Zealand forward. Give over $5 a month and you will not only be supporting New Zealand innovation, but you’ll also receive a print subscription, an Idealog t-shirt and a copy of the new book by David Downs and Dr. Michelle Dickinson, No. 8 Recharged (while stocks last).