Now's your chance to show off your retail design nous – entries for the annual Red Awards are open until July 6 with 11 project categories up for the taking.
Last year's supreme winner was Auckland International Airport Airside Departures (pictured), with the Glassons flagship store in Newmarket and Telecom concept store also featuring.
The Red Awards are run by the New Zealand Retail Interior Association to promote excellence in retail design and to recognise the contribution of designers, shopfitters and suppliers to the retail industry. The emphasis placed on meeting the needs of the target market and on creating a point of difference within today’s competitive retail sector, irrespective of budget, is an important measurement.
Winners will be selected in each of the 11 divisions in four groups (see below). Division winners go on to compete to win at the group level, from which a supreme winner will be chosen.
Entries will be judged on criteria including: impact of shop front, signage and graphics; fitout quality and complexity; innovation; ambience; brand integration; and joinery and merchandising.
- Nourishment Group
- Bars, Nightclubs, Restaurants division
- Foodcourt, Day Cafés, Gourmet Food division
- Grocery & Convenience Stores division
- Leisure Group
- Entertainment, Amusement, Sports & Recreation division
- Service (Finance, Travel, Medical, Real Estate division)
- Gifts & Media (toys, books, music, audio visual, art) division
- Personal Group
- Apparel division
- Accessories (Eyewear, Jewellery, Hair, Footwear) division
- Health & Beauty (Hair, Pharmacy, Nails, Spa) division
- Home Group
- Appliances, Electronic, Telecommunications & Digital division
- Furniture, Furnishing, Lighting, Vehicle, Boat, Power Tools, Hardware, Garden and Building division
Idealog has been covering the most interesting people, businesses and issues from the fields of innovation, design, technology and urban development for over 12 years. And we're asking for your support so we can keep telling those stories, inspire more entrepreneurs to start their own businesses and keep pushing New Zealand forward. Give over $5 a month and you will not only be supporting New Zealand innovation, but you’ll also receive a print subscription and a copy of the new book by David Downs and Dr. Michelle Dickinson, No. 8 Recharged (while stocks last).
Idealog is part of ICG. We work with clients like Woolworths New Zealand, All Good, Huffer, Liquorland, Resene, Citta Design, TVNZ, Spark and FCB on their event activations, in-store, in-office or out-of-home signage, content creation and vehicle wraps.