Auckland Pecha Kucha #30 is about to hit K Rd, with the spotlight on Sustainable Coastlines' Sam Judd, Celery Productions' Celia and Ella (see story in the latest Idealog), scientist Siouxsie Wiles and more.
Full billing below.
When: Thursday, May 10, doors open 7.30pm
Where: Samoa House, 283 K Rd (entrance via Beresford Street)
- Leigh Fitzjames and Grace Pageant of band Pageant // co-director, musician // Journey of a button, the making of the Girl with no Bones music video
- John Lyall // Pavilion at Te Atatu // Maths, Gaudi, and the rose window of Chartres
- William Watterson // 1.4 Billion Reasons to go Fair Trade // www.globalpovertyproject.com
- Max Currie // screen writer and director // The Day I Woke Up Buddhist.
- Erin Forsyth // artist, illustrator, curator, coordinator // EYESORE // www.erinforsyth.wordpress.com
- Siouxsie Wiles // scientist // Fireflies, superbugs and crowd funding.
- Kaan Hiini // graphic designer // traveling mascots
- Celia Harrison and Ella Mizrahi // Celery Productions: Ideas / Events / Design // Celery.co.nz
- Sam Judd // Co-Founder and Events Director / Sustainable Coastlines // www.sustainablecoastlines.org
- Clint Taniguchi // Artist, Creative Director // SFO > TYO > AKL
- Mike Hodgkinson // Entrepreneur // How (Not?) To Start A Motorcycle Company // www.fxbikes.com
- Christina Kaiser // cultural geographer // Authentiscapes: identity, pubs, and beer
- Filip Maric & Mark Allen // head instructors Jikishin Dojo // traditional Japanese swordsmanship Kashima Shinryu Kenjutsu
Idealog has been covering the most interesting people, businesses and issues from the fields of innovation, design, technology and urban development for over 12 years. And we're asking for your support so we can keep telling those stories, inspire more entrepreneurs to start their own businesses and keep pushing New Zealand forward. Give over $5 a month and you will not only be supporting New Zealand innovation, but you’ll also receive a print subscription and a copy of the new book by David Downs and Dr. Michelle Dickinson, No. 8 Recharged (while stocks last).
Idealog is part of ICG. We work with clients like Woolworths New Zealand, All Good, Huffer, Liquorland, Resene, Citta Design, TVNZ, Spark and FCB on their event activations, in-store, in-office or out-of-home signage, content creation and vehicle wraps.