There’s a heap of miniature doses of creative inspiration coming your way soon if you’re based in Christchurch. PechaKucha Night Christchurch 11 is happening on 17 August offering you the chance to hear 11 fascinating and fresh ideas, stories and creative projects delivered in the unique PechaKucha rapid-fire format, that is, each speaker shows 20 images with a 20 second time allocation for each. All up, that’s six minutes and 40 seconds with which to share their message and inspire you.
And the line up is:
- Irene Boles // architectural graduate // on a community response to a natural disaster
- Jasper Bryant-Greene & T'Nealle Joie // entrepreneur and musician // on The Archive
- David Carradine // engineer // on multi-storey timber buildings
- Jason Mill // ‘a’rchitect // on little ‘a’ architecture
- Tanya Batt // story-o-phile and frock-o-holic // on telling tales and where it gets you
- Gaby Montejo // technologist of hard materials // on "Como Comer”
- Roy Montgomery // academic, volunteer firefighter and sometime musician // on why tall pointy-shaped buildings can be good for us
- Kerry Mulligan // engineer // on barriers to doing smart stuff
- George Parker // actor with Free Theatre Christchurch and manager of Te Puna Toi // on the Christchurch Arts Circus
- Chris Reddington // musician and composer, manager of Silencio Ensemble // on bells
- Sebastian Warne & Oscar Enberg // artists and gallerists // on ABC as artist collective and artist-run gallery
Wednesday 17 August 2011
TelstraClear Club, Hagley Park Events Village
Doors open 7.30pm / Kickoff 8.20pm
Tickets $8 (+ service fees) available now online HERE.
Door sales $10 (if not previously sold out - cash only)
Idealog has been covering the most interesting people, businesses and issues from the fields of innovation, design, technology and urban development for over 12 years. And we're asking for your support so we can keep telling those stories, inspire more entrepreneurs to start their own businesses and keep pushing New Zealand forward. Give over $5 a month and you will not only be supporting New Zealand innovation, but you’ll also receive a print subscription and a copy of the new book by David Downs and Dr. Michelle Dickinson, No. 8 Recharged (while stocks last).
Idealog is part of ICG. We work with clients like Woolworths New Zealand, All Good, Huffer, Liquorland, Resene, Citta Design, TVNZ, Spark and FCB on their event activations, in-store, in-office or out-of-home signage, content creation and vehicle wraps.