Like most rating systems, The New Zealand Green building Council’s (NZGBC) Green Star is in constant evolution and the folks at NZGBC want your feedback.
The organisation has launched into its 2011 Tool Review process and is seeking feedback on the following two key areas:
1. Green Star Improvement Projects
2. Problematic credits
While each Credit won't be reviewed, the NZGBC says it will focus on the following areas:
- Significantly reducing the overall documentation requirements of Green Star NZ
- Tackling problematic Credits
- Streamlining ENE-1 submissions
- Providing better guidance for integrated base build and interior fit out projects
- Reducing the documentation requirements for projects that have been certified at the Design stage and then target a Built rating
- Providing example Credit submissions for selected Credits
- Putting a limit on the time which Design ratings may be promoted for, unless a Built rating is achieved.
For all the documents and proposals, and to find out more about how you can submit feedback, head to the NZGBC site.
Idealog has been covering the most interesting people, businesses and issues from the fields of innovation, design, technology and urban development for over 12 years. And we're asking for your support so we can keep telling those stories, inspire more entrepreneurs to start their own businesses and keep pushing New Zealand forward. Give over $5 a month and you will not only be supporting New Zealand innovation, but you’ll also receive a print subscription, an Idealog t-shirt and a copy of the new book by David Downs and Dr. Michelle Dickinson, No. 8 Recharged (while stocks last).