Aucklanders, the time to down some fast paced inspiration is imminent with the announcement of the first Auckland Pecha Kucha night in 2011. The lineup is diverse and includes graphic designers, musicians, a creative director and a film maker (and that’s just for starters).
The Pecha Kucha event involves presenters delivering brief presentations accompanied by 20 images, each of which is shown for 20 seconds, about a topic of their choosing, giving a total presentation time of 6 minutes 40 seconds. Got it?
- Jessica Hansell aka Coco Solid // musician // www.cocosolid.com
- Melinda Williams // freelance editor // Surface Asia / Dwell Asia // www.nomagazine.co.nz
- Glenn Hunt // publisher / creative director // www.1am.co.nz
- Greg Wood // filmmaker / artist // www.automaticfilms.tv
- Mau Muaiava // Independent Samoan filmmaker & visual artist
- Jamie McLellan // designer // www.jamiemclellan.com
- Paul McLaney // musician
- Mark Seeny // designer
- Nat Cheshire // delineator, Cheshire Architects // on ugliness
- more to be confirmed
When: Thursday 24 March
Time: Doors 7.30pm, starts 8.20pm
Where: Webb’s Auction House, 18 Manukau Road, Newmarket.
Cost: $10 cash door sales
More about Pecha Kucha
Pecha Kucha is a presentation format for creative work originally devised by Astrid Klein and Mark Dytham of Klein-Dytham Architecture in Tokyo, Japan in 2003 as a place for creative types to meet, network, and show their work in public. The name derives from a Japanese term for the sound of conversation ("chit-chat") and it's where you get to talk about whatever you want in 20 second sound-bites.
Idealog has been covering the most interesting people, businesses and issues from the fields of innovation, design, technology and urban development for over 12 years. And we're asking for your support so we can keep telling those stories, inspire more entrepreneurs to start their own businesses and keep pushing New Zealand forward. Give over $5 a month and you will not only be supporting New Zealand innovation, but you’ll also receive a print subscription, an Idealog t-shirt and a copy of the new book by David Downs and Dr. Michelle Dickinson, No. 8 Recharged (while stocks last).