Urbis Designday is on the horizon and some exciting showroom and designer pairings have been announced.
The event is comprised of creative practitioners from areas of multimedia, architecture, Graphic Arts, furniture, landscape and fashion design, all working in partnership with 13 of Auckland’s leading design showrooms. All this goodness means you can expect to see about 50 creative individuals at this year’s event.
For the second year running, the creative pairings have been given a design brief to interpret within their installation. This year’s brief is to reflect or interpret ‘State of Transition’.
2011 collaborators are:
- Halo NZ and Trelise Cooper Interiors
- design denmark / Sylvia Sanford
- Häfele / Esther Diamond
- Poggenpohl / Make Something
- Automation Associates / Matter
- ECC / Scrap Wall
- Antipodes Design Store / Luxaflex / Taylor Boutique
- Kohler / Salasai
- Essenze / NZ Design Collective (Te Rongo Kirkwood, David Trubridge, Anzac Tasker, Peter Collis and Brogen Avril)
- Furniture Lab / Dulux / We Love Inc
- Fisher & Paykel / The Alt Group
- Media Design School / HP Future Designers at MINI Garage
- Designer Rugs / Corporate Culture / Nathan Goldsworthy curating the Kiwi Icons rug range from (Dick Frizzell, Boh Runga, Kevin Roberts, Zambesi, Max Gimblett, Kate Sylvester and Codi Design)
When: Saturday 19th March 2011
More info HERE.
Idealog has been covering the most interesting people, businesses and issues from the fields of innovation, design, technology and urban development for over 12 years. And we're asking for your support so we can keep telling those stories, inspire more entrepreneurs to start their own businesses and keep pushing New Zealand forward. Give over $5 a month and you will not only be supporting New Zealand innovation, but you’ll also receive a print subscription and a copy of the new book by David Downs and Dr. Michelle Dickinson, No. 8 Recharged (while stocks last).
Idealog is part of ICG. We work with clients like Woolworths New Zealand, All Good, Huffer, Liquorland, Resene, Citta Design, TVNZ, Spark and FCB on their event activations, in-store, in-office or out-of-home signage, content creation and vehicle wraps.