Creative New Zealand expresses its deepest sympathies to the people of Canterbury following yesterday’s devastating earthquake.
The immediate priority for all New Zealanders is the search and rescue operation and to support the many people who have suffered great personal tragedy and loss.
Creative New Zealand will be working to support the arts community in Canterbury and hopes to have a clearer picture of the overall impact of the earthquake in the coming weeks and months. We appreciate that this will take time and we will work alongside the community as they assess their losses.
Creative New Zealand’s Christchurch office
While Creative New Zealand’s Christchurch based staff were not injured during the earthquake our central city office is closed until further notice.
Support for Creative New Zealand clients
Creative New Zealand provided financial support to clients affected by the September 2010 earthquake. We will respond to requests for assistance resulting from this event as we are able to establish how our clients are affected and their needs.
- Arts Grants (deadline March 4 2011): Applicants from Christchurch affected by the earthquake who require an extension please contact Rachel Driscoll on firstname.lastname@example.org or 04 473 0184.
- Quick Response Grants (deadline February 4 2011): These will continue to be processed however individuals or organisations affected by the earthquake who wish to defer their activity should contact Cath Cardiff on email@example.com or 04 473 0329.
Following is a list of contacts for artists and arts organisations:
Recurrently Funded Organisations
If you wish to provide information about how you have been affected please contact: Mark Da Vanzo 04 498 0704 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Artists and arts organisations with questions about their funding please contact:
- Visual ArtsJude Chambers 09 373 3070 email@example.com
- Theatre/Dance/Pan-artform Festivals Helaina Keeley 09 373 3068 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Theatre/DanceMichael Daly 04 498 0702 email@example.com
- Music Ariana Odermatt 04 498 0740 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Literature Catriona Ferguson 09 373 3077 email@example.com
- Pacific Arts Makerita Urale 04 498 0729 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Maori Arts Haniko Te Kurapa 04 473 0182Haniko.email@example.com
- Media Arts Emma Ward 09 365 1416 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Special Opportunities Felicity Birch 04 498 0735 email@example.com
- Creative Communities Scheme
- Creative Communities Carolyn Todd 09 373 3066 firstname.lastname@example.org
Idealog has been covering the most interesting people, businesses and issues from the fields of innovation, design, technology and urban development for over 12 years. And we're asking for your support so we can keep telling those stories, inspire more entrepreneurs to start their own businesses and keep pushing New Zealand forward. Give over $5 a month and you will not only be supporting New Zealand innovation, but you’ll also receive a print subscription, an Idealog t-shirt and a copy of the new book by David Downs and Dr. Michelle Dickinson, No. 8 Recharged (while stocks last).