The last PechaKucha event of the year looks to be a goodie, full of educational and inspirational design offerings for your listening and viewing pleasure. The event ties in to the inaugural New Zealand Art & Designers week. And better yet, it will only cost you $9 to listen to the following slue of speakers (with more to come):
- Romain Perin // Photographer // his experiments with long exposure photography
- Morag Magnolia Brownlie // Film Maker/ Show Director and Choreographer / Costume designer/Performance artist // i do too many things // www.birdsofparadise.co.nz
- Luke Hedley // Tshirt Designer and Screen Writer
- Clayton Smith // Owner of The Poi Room Art and Design Store
- Michael Craig // Photographer
- John Pusateri // Founder of the Auckland Print Studio
- Anna Rowsell // Film and Television Art Department
- Tristan de Chalain // Plastic Surgeon and Writer // Design in Plastic Surgery
- Zekiah Heath and Aroha Lewin // MoAD
- Jade Tang & Eddy Helm // Co-directors yMedia // yMedia connects students, industry and not-for-profit organisations to develop and implement new media initiatives for collective growth // www.ymedia.co.nz
When: Thursday November 18
Where: 110 Carlton Gore Rd, New Market, Auckland.
Time: Doors open 7.30pm, starts at 8.20pm.
Idealog has been covering the most interesting people, businesses and issues from the fields of innovation, design, technology and urban development for over 12 years. And we're asking for your support so we can keep telling those stories, inspire more entrepreneurs to start their own businesses and keep pushing New Zealand forward. Give over $5 a month and you will not only be supporting New Zealand innovation, but you’ll also receive a print subscription, an Idealog t-shirt and a copy of the new book by David Downs and Dr. Michelle Dickinson, No. 8 Recharged (while stocks last).