It might have had to take a momentary step aside in light of the Christchurch earthquake, but the good news is Christchurch’s PechaKucha night is all good to go. So good to go in fact, it’s happening tomorrow night.
The lineup is diverse and includes presentations on architecture, art and design. The full line up is as follows:
- Alice Lines
- Andrew Just // Idealist, enthusiast, architecturalist… // Gardensity: Ideas for Christchurch
- Audrey Baldwin // Performance Artist // I Like America, America Likes Me
- Julia Milsom // Contemporary Choreographer & Dancer, Corrupt Productions // On Beautiful Failure
- Justin Purser // Coffee Trader // I can see the whole trading chain from artisan coffee grower through to discerning consumer… and right now it’s not sustainable
- Lynley Cook // Volunteer // Ode to the aerogramme
- Mike Dickison // Biologist // The myth of the timeless land
- Peter Beaven
- Phil Redmond // Not quite architect // Translation in transition
- Philip Lindsay
- Rachel Crawford / Graphic Designer / Jump, Snap, Oomph!
- Simon Pollard // Spider biologist, writer and photographer // Mouths wide open or shut
- Steve Morgan
When: Wednesday 27 October
Time: doors open 7.30pm / start 8.20pm
Where: CPSA Building, CPIT, Madras Street
Cost: $10 pre sales from the Welcome Desk, Rakaia Centre, CPIT or online at www.ignition.ac.nz/tickets
More about PechaKucha
PechaKucha Night was devised in Tokyo in February 2003 as an event for young designers to meet, network, and show their work in public. The unique event works in a rapid-fire format in which each presenter shows 20 images, each for 20 seconds. With each presentation lasting just 6 minutes and 40 seconds, you’ll experiences an exhilarating variety of ideas and projects.
Idealog has been covering the most interesting people, businesses and issues from the fields of innovation, design, technology and urban development for over 12 years. And we're asking for your support so we can keep telling those stories, inspire more entrepreneurs to start their own businesses and keep pushing New Zealand forward. Give over $5 a month and you will not only be supporting New Zealand innovation, but you’ll also receive a print subscription and a copy of the new book by David Downs and Dr. Michelle Dickinson, No. 8 Recharged (while stocks last).
Idealog is part of ICG. We work with clients like Woolworths New Zealand, All Good, Huffer, Liquorland, Resene, Citta Design, TVNZ, Spark and FCB on their event activations, in-store, in-office or out-of-home signage, content creation and vehicle wraps.