Organised by 500 Startups, Geeks on a Plane is an invite-only tour for startups, investors, and executives – and it's coming to New Zealand next month.
Fifteen high profile investors, entrepreneurs and executives will make their way from Silicon Valley down under to visit the local startup scene, including Dave McClure, founding partner of 500 Startups, and representatives from Google Ventures, Khosla Ventures, GE, TechCrunch and LivingSocial. Thanks to the Icehouse and NZTE, they'll be touring Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch and Queenstown.
And for local entrepreneurs keen to get in front of them, now's the time to prepare.
The Rocket Pitch Competition is pegged for the evening of December 11, venue TBC, with spots for up to 30 startups available in three groups of up to 10 companies each:
- No. 8 Wire: product and service innovations that will compete globally
- Breaking the rules: startups that demonstrate that New Zealand can do it better
- 100% Pure NZ: startups taking on the world with kiwi-centric advantages
Each startup will have 60 seconds to pitch and each stream will be judged by two sets of judges: quintessential Kiwis and US Geeks.
Here's the entry info:
1. Make a video of your one-minute pitch
2. Upload your video to YouTube
3. Send an email to Kevin at K.Park@theicehouse.co.nz with your full name, email, phone number, link to your video and which of the three streams you would like to be considered for. For additional, post your video on the Facebook wall and tweet it using #GOAPNZ.
The deadline for applications is 5pm November 20.
A limited number of audience tickets will also be available. Details to come.