With less than two months to go until digital conference The Project, organisers have released the first full round of speakers, bringing together both local and international figures.
In a first for the event, Macon Phillips, coordinator of international information programs at the US Department of State and former special assistant to President Obama as director of digital strategy, will be doing a live stream presentation from Washington, DC.
Phillips ran the new media programme for the Presidential transition team, served as the deputy director of the Obama campaign’s new media department and led Blue State Digital’s strategy practice, working with clients like the Democratic National Committee and Senator Ted Kennedy.
The international contingent also includes:
· Dr Jeff Cole – Director at the Center for the Digital Future; founder of the World Internet Project
· Anna Rooke – CEO of QUT Creative Enterprise Australia; curator, Creative3
· Andrea Zurek - Ex-Googler and angel investor XG Ventures in Silicon Valley
Representing New Zealand are:
· Dave Moskovitz – Chairman WebFund and Appreciation Engine; founding investor of Lightning Lab; InternetNZ councillor
· Adam Holt - Chairman, Universal Music NZ
· Jane Wrightson - Chief executive, NZ on Air
· Amy Adams – Minister for Communications & IT & Environment