You might have seen the Instagram Socialmatic camera concept floating around the internet sometimes in the last month and marvelled at its vision (or not. Hater).
Now it's one step closer to becoming a reality, with a crowdfunding campaign underway on Indiegogo (with one month to go, it has raised just over 10 percent of its $50,000 goal) and creator ADR Studio signing a preliminary agreement with a "leading player in global telecommunications", whom it can't name just yet.
But Italy's ADR says the company's "know-how, their innovative approach to distribution of products and their over 20 years experience in design and engineering of products" bodes well for Socialmatic.
ADR envisions that you would be able to snap a shot and share it directly to Facebook, print it using the internal printer (including your Instagram name and a QR code, and wants the final product to cost less than $350.
It would feature:
- 16 GB mass storage;
- Wifi and Bluetooth;
- 4:3 touchscreen;
- 2 main lenses, one for main capture, the second for 3D filters, webcam applications and QR code capturing;
- Optical zoom;
- LED flash;
- Internal printer;
- Paper cartridge with Instagram paper sheets;
- Dedicated four-colour ink tanks;
- InstaOs 1.0, bringing together Facebook and Instagram app features;
- Pairing with both iPhone and Android apps.