It's shaped sort of like an apple and it’s bigger than the Pentagon. If ever there were a sign Apple is feeling confident with its seemingly endless stretch of tech power, this might be it. Introducing the spaceship-esque new proposed headquarters of Apple, to be located in the city of Cupertino, California. The architects behind the building are Foster + Partners and all going to plan, the building is expected to be completed as early as 2015.
Called Apple Campus 2, the circular building is surrounded by an immense amount of greenery and by the look of some of the renderings released, there’s even space for the occasional office romance to blossom.
Some building stats
* Total area: 175.82 acres
* Main building: 2.8 million square feet over four stories
* The site will feature cafes, a fitness centre and a corporate stadium that seats 1,000 people.
* There will be an on-site low carbon central plant that will supply the majority of the power for the campus.
* Included in the designs are research facilities spanning 300,000 square feet
* The building accommodates up to 13,000 employees.
Before we start with the real renderings, here's a more comical take on the new space digs
And now the serious stuff